Pics.io is a comprehensive platform for managing your digital assets. It has a variety of features that meet the requirements of a wide range of businesses. Design and branding agencies, publishing companies, architectural offices, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and many other companies benefit a lot from using Pics.io as a digital assets management service.
What are the main advantages of Pics.io?
- Pics.io offers two storage options: Google Drive and Amazon S3. Depending on your preferences you may choose the cloud storage which fits your needs best and connect it to your Pics.io account. So, using Pics.io as a DAM tool is a smart way of making the most of your current cloud storage.
- You may work on top of your Google Drive. Besides, it's possible to use Shared Drive as well that may be a better solution for teams.
- Pics.io allows to integrate with Amazon S3 which can be used for storing your digital files alternatively.
- Pics.io doesn’t require installation on your device. It’s an in-browser app, which means it works on any device, regardless of the operating system.
- Pics.io doesn’t limit the number or the size of your assets. The only limit is the size of your storage.
- Pics.io is a multi-format service. It supports a huge variety of file formats: vector files, raster images, raw photos, text documents, audio and video files, and many others. See the full list of file formats supported in Pics.io.
- Transparent and flexible billing scheme. You can choose among several billing plans and easily switch between them depending on your business needs.
- Easy-to-use interface, which is absolutely clear for beginners, yet functional for professionals.
- Convenient and user-friendly mobile version so that you can manage your digital library on the go.
Now, here’s a full list of things you can do in Pics.io:
Managing your digital assets
- Easily upload your assets via the Pics.io import panel. Or put them into your Google Drive folder or S3 bucket. Pics.io synchronizes with your storage and saves the structure you created there
- Avoid duplicates as you get alert notifications from the system
- Compare two different files of a similar format.
- Mark assets as restricted with the corresponding reason message.
- View your assets as automatically generated thumbnails or open them for preview
- Play your audio and video files right inside Pics.io
- Keep related assets together as Linked Assets
- Perform basic manipulations with images: flip, rotate, and edit your assets
- Perform basic manipulations with videos: crop, make screenshots and create custom thumbnails
- Save your images and design files as PNG, JPG or PDF while downloading
- Download your assets as archives or separate files
- View and compare multipage Sketch, AI, and EPS files
- Modify your assets as you download them: change dimensions, resolution, etc.
Organizing files in collections
- Organize your assets in hierarchical collections
- Keep asset in multiple folders at the same time
- Add collections to favorites so that you can find them faster
- Choose between different viewing modes in Pics.io - list, grid or map
- Sort your assets by date, name, or any other way you want inside a collection
- Move unnecessary files to the Archive
- Limit access to certain collections if necessary
- Create Lightboards - your personal collections accessible to you only
Attaching keywords to assets
- Attach keywords to better describe your assets and make them more searchable
- Select your favorite keywords so that you can find them faster
- Use automatic AI keywording (using any language) to save time
- Create your customized lists of keywords to make your taxonomy homogeneous
Working with metadata
- See all the metadata parsed from your files in the corresponding fields inside Pics.io (camera settings, copyright, creator’s info, etc.)
- Add GPS coordinates and see the location on Google Map
- Modify and add new metadata - Pics.io saves changes in metadata within your assets, so they remain available beyond Pics.io, e.g. in Lightroom
- Customize your metadata fields and add as much relevant info about your assets as necessary
- Search for your assets by metadata
- Export the metadata about your assets to use it outside Pics.io
Teamwork support in Pics.io
- Invite teammates to your Pics.io team by multiple ways, so you can work together on shared projects
- Assign roles to your colleagues and configure different permissions for them
- Adopt team policies to make your work more coherent
- Allow non-Pics.io users update your library content with new files using Inbox functionality.
- Assign users to particular assets
- Restrict actions your colleagues with particular roles can take with certain assets
- Control your team performance and repot on library efficiency with the help of analytics&reporting.
- Use a variety of tools to rank your assets (attach stars, flags, and color labels to differentiate between your assets)
- Leave comments next to your assets for others to see them
- Put visual markers on your assets to draw attention to what you’re commenting
- Outline an entire area of interest on your asset to get more attention to what you’re commenting
- Use timestamp markers for video assets
- Use audit trail to keep track of all events happening in Pics.io
- Upload new revisions in Pics.io and never lose important changes
- Use Visual Diff Tool to actually see the difference between any two versions
- Compare two versions of your video files with a Visual Diff Tool for Video
- Describe changes made in new revisions with the help of comments
- Discuss revisions with the help of comments, markers, and areas of interest
- Approve or disapprove a particular version of your asset
- Select the primary version of the file among several revisions
Sharing your assets with the rest of the world
- Share single assets beyond Pics.io with one simple click
- Create online websites out of your collections and give the link to everybody you want
- Choose among 11 ready-made templates to showcase your work to the best advantage
- Use Proofing Template website that lets you and your customers discuss your common projects together with the help of comments, markers, flags, etc.
- Use your own domain name or logo to customize your website
- Protect the website with SSL certificate
- Connect Google Analytics to track the activities on your website
- Protect your websites with a password to keep things secure
- Inform your website visitors about the latest changes made in the published collection
- Select any type of sorting mode for the assets to be shown in the corresponding order on your website
Integration with other services
- All the assets stored in the folder of Google Drive/S3 bucket connected to Pics.io are synchronized with your Pics.io library
- The changes made in your Pics.io account automatically appear in your Google Drive/Amazon S3
- Auto-sync from Google Drive to Pics.io happens at regular intervals depending on your billing plan
- Connect Pics.io with any other app using Zapier
- Add images from your Pics.io account to Google Workspace tools: Docs, Sheets, Slides or Forms
- Build a connection between your Zoho CRM platform and easily attach files to your leads and contacts.
- Get full access to your Pics.io library right from Adobe CC apps
- Make use of Pics.io integration with Slack and receive notifications in your chosen channel
- Integrate one app with any other software and get notifications about different events happening in Pics.io using Webhook URLs
Searching functionality in Pics.io
- Powerful and versatile in-built search engine looks for your assets by various criteria: titles, collections, formats, keywords, star ratings, metadata, etc.
- Searching PDF and AI files by content
- Advanced searching functionality with the help of logical operators and “wildcards”
- Search for geotagged assets
- Narrow down your search by metadata fields
- Keep previous search results as Saved Searches
- Search inside the Archived assets.
Higher productivity in Pics.io
- Perform batch actions with your files and save a lot of time
- Use shortcut keys to select, approve, rate, and download multiple files in one go.
- Receive different types of notifications about changes in your digital repository to multiple channels: email, notification center, Slack
- Contact our live support chat whenever you have a question about Pics.io
- Drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you experience some issues with Pics.io
Customize your Pics.io digital library
- Make use of Pics.io flexible billing schemes to scale your team and use various features in Pics.io
- Customize your Pics.io account to look like your brand and maintain the company’s logo and domain for external customers and teammates
- Create your custom fields schema to get immediate access to the relevant metadata associated with your assets
- Adjust your Pics.io use for slow internet connections
- Choose between dark or light UI color schemes
- Access your digital repository via desktop computer, tablet or smartphone any time you want.
Pics.io DAM service is constantly improving. We never stop developing and implementing new features to meet the business needs of our users. So, if you have an idea of how we can better help you organize your digital assets, we are always happy to discuss it with you.