- open Settings menu in the top right corner of the main screen
- select My team
- choose Integrations tab
- Click Add to Slack button to invite Pics.io bot to your workspace in Slack.
To complete this procedure, log in to your Slack account and press “Authorize” to add Pics.io bot with the username @picsio. You can also invite Pics.io bot to your channel in Slack by sending a message “invite @picsio” to that channel.
What kind of messages will I receive in Slack?
You are going to receive notifications about what is happening in Pics.io: something commented or updated, new asset version uploaded by teammates or website created. Your teammates will be notified about every event right into Pics.io channel.
It is possible to select types of events you would like to receive notifications about to your Slack channel.
Besides, you can use Pics.io bot for a variety of purposes. Learn more about how Pics.io bot can help you, read a special article about Pics.io integration with Slack.
How to determine the channel for notifications in Slack?
Slack determines the channel for notifications from Pics.io account according to the following rules:
- If Pics.io bot is invited to both public and private channels, public channel is chosen as preferred channel
- If Pics.io bot is invited to more that one channel, the first channel in a row is chosen as preferred channel
- If Pics.io bot is invited into several channels, notifications come to the first channel created (the oldest one).
Can I receive notifications to my email?
Sure. As an alternative to Slack chat, you can choose to receive notifications to your email. To do so, mouse over 'Settings' in the top right corner -> click on 'My Account' -> select the 'Notifications' section. By default, you get the notifications to the email address connected to your Pics.io account. But it is possible to indicate the email address you would like to receive Pics.io notifications to.