The main goal of any Digital Asset Management (DAM) is to be the searchable repository for your digital assets that you can access from wherever you are.
How can I use Pics.io extension for Adobe tools?
- get full access to your Pics.io library without the need to manually download and upload files via your desktop computer;
- search for assets right in Adobe applications;
- open assets from Pics.io as new documents or add them as layers (for Photoshop and Illustrator);
- upload final versions back to collections, without leaving Adobe interface (for Photoshop and Illustrator);
- save edited assets back to Pics.io as revisions. This option is available if the file format is PSD (for Photoshop) or AI (for Adobe Illustrator).
How to install Pics.io extension to Adobe CC tools?
There are two ways to activate Pics.io plug-in.
1. You can download it from Adobe Creative Cloud. After installation, you can find Pics.io if you navigate to ”Window” -> ”Extensions”. After that you should simply fill in your login credentials, and you're all set.
2. The second way involves the following steps:
- Download Pics.io.ZXP installer on your desktop computer;
- Download free Adobe CC extension manager;
- Pull Pics.io.ZXP file into Extension Manager window;
- Open Adobe app and follow Window - Extensions - Pics.io path;
- Fill in your login credentials to connect your Pics.io digital library.
How can I save files edited in Adobe CC tools to Pics.io?
Once you finish designing assets in Photoshop, you need to click on the 'Save as Asset' button and select the collection where you would like to save these assets. Your newly edited assets will appear in this collection right after that.
There are two ways of saving PSD /AI files to Pics.io from Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator. You can either save the edited file to Pics.io as a new asset or upload it as a revision for the asset. To do the latter, just click on 'Save as Revision' button and a new revision will appear in the Activity panel of this asset.
Working with Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro apps
If you're working with video files and animations, you may be interested in Pics.io integration with Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro applications. It is possible to add assets right from your Pics.io library to the projects in your After Effects and Premiere Pro apps.
To use Pics.io extension for Adobe AE, you need to perform the following steps (for MacOS) :
- Open your Adobe app and click on 'Window' -> 'Extensions' -> 'Pics.io';
- Log into your Pics.io account;
- Create space for your project on your computer: click on 'File' -> 'Save as', type the name of your project and select the destination you'd like to save it to;
- After the project is saved locally, you may add necessary files from your Pics.io library to the project: mouse over the asset in Pics.io add-on and click on the 'Add to project' button.
A new folder 'PicsioAssets' will be created on your disk where assets you add to the project will be stored. It's necessary that the files you work with in After Effects and Premiere Pro apps to be saved to the disk before.
Also, you may be interested in other Pics.io integrations: