Whenever you invite a new person to your team in Pics.io, you have to select a role for a newly-invited teammate. The role you assign determines the scope of their permissions, their access to certain assets, features, and tools available in Pics.io.
By default, the role of the first teammate you invite is 'admin'. To edit this role and create new roles for your teammates, go to Roles section (Settings -> My Team). Here you may also edit your existing roles or duplicate them.
It is possible to provide your teammates with access to particular collections (subcollections). It allows to give any kind of permissions on any level of the collections hierarchy. You may control permissions of what your teammate can do in a particular collection.
If you need to assign a role to multiple teammates at once, you need to select them. Check the shortcuts you may use to select users below:
Cmd (for Mac OS) / Ctrl (for Windows) + mouse click - select individual users;
Alt + mouse click - select a user and unselect the previously selected ones;
Mouse click on a user outside the checkbox - select a single user.
Here are the permissions you may configure for your teammates:
- to invite or remove other teammates and edit their permissions
- to build and modify integrations (webhooks, Slack)
- to add or remove payment cards and change the current billing plan
- to manage the current Google Drive storage
- to add and remove team saved searches
- to edit custom fields schema
- to create, edit, move, and delete keywords in the Keywords list, as well as to upload keywords controlled vocabulary
- to sync Google Drive with Pics.io storage
Permissions for allowed collections:
- to create, rename, move and delete collections
- to upload new assets to Pics.io
- to download assets from Pics.io
- to create, edit, delete websites and share single asset
- to manage attributes of assets related to allowed collections (title, description, star rating, keywords, etc.). Please note that this permission has granular sub-permissions, meaning that you can specify which attributes can be edited by this or that teammate.
- to edit images in Pics.io editor
- to delete assets from Pics.io library
- to mark/unmark asset revisions as approved
Setting these permissions will help you keep the integrity of your digital library and protect it from unauthorized or harmful actions.
How can I search for my teammates?
Sometimes you need to find the information about your teammate or check who from your colleagues has this specific role.
To do so, just go to My Team -> Teammates and in the search field type the necessary value. It's possible to search by email address, name or role name.
If you need to check the users assigned to a particular role, go to My Team -> Roles and select the necessary role. Above the permissions section you will see the teammates who have this role.
It may be also interesting for you to learn about team policies that apply to the whole team.