- First of all, you can find trash bin button in the bottom right corner of every thumbnail.
- You can also find it on the left side panel when you open the asset.
- Finally, you can find ‘Move to trash’ option at the top of the Infopanel by clicking on three vertical dots once you open the file in preview.
- Working with Lightboards, a crossed lightbulb icon located on a thumbnail allows you to remove/detach assets from Lightboards.
To delete multiple files in one click, you should first select them. After that, you can either hit the trash bin icon on the left side panel or press “(i)” button in the right upper corner of the screen to open the Infopanel.
NB! Deleting assets from your Lightboards has some peculiarities. Learn more about it in the corresponding article.
How can I remove a collection?
In case you want to delete the whole collection with the assets at once, just mouse over the corresponding collection and click on three vertical dots. In the dropdown list click on the ‘Delete collection’ button.
NB! If you’re not the owner of the corresponding folder (the one you’re going to remove) in Google Drive or you don’t have permissions to remove this particular folder, it won’t be possible to delete it through Pics.io. As a workaround, you may remove the necessary collection inside Google Drive and make sync. After that, the collection will disappear from your Pics.io catalog.
What happens to the assets after their removal?
The ‘Move to trash’ button doesn’t delete your files beyond retrieval. In fact, it just moves them to Google Drive trash folder. Also, the deleted files will appear in the Trashed assets section in your Pics.io account.
After the asset is deleted, it disappears from the collection(s) it has been attached to and is moved to the Trashed assets.
At the same time, the deleted file is moved to the Trash folder in your Google Drive account connected to Pics.io.
What can I do with the deleted assets?
- Search for deleted assets by different criteria and retrieve the necessary files faster.
- Restore deleted assets. There are 3 ways on how to do so:
- Mouse over the thumbnail and click on the ‘Restore’ button in the bottom right corner.
- Open the asset in preview and click on the yellow button ‘Restore’.
- Select the asset and click on ‘Restore’ on the left-side panel.
3. Delete assets forever from Pics.io and Google Drive trash folder beyond retrieval.
What if I want to keep an asset in one collection and remove it from another?
Please note that when you delete an asset from Pics.io, it is removed from all collections and lightboards it is attached to. Sometimes you want to remove your asset from one particular collection or lightboard, but keep it in other places.
To do so, you just need to detach this asset from this collection or lightboard. Open your asset and find Collections/Lightboards section in the Infopanel. Choose a collection/lightboard you want to detach and click on the cross next to its name.
That will remove the asset from this particular collection/lightboard, but save it in the others.
How can I restore deleted assets/collections in Google Drive?
As a workaround, you may restore the deleted assets on Google Drive side. To do so, just log into your Google Drive connected to Pics.io -> go to the 'Trash' folder on the left side menu -> select the asset/collection you want to restore -> make a right click on the file -> and choose 'Restore'.
Once sync is completed, the removed assets/collections should reappear in your Pics.io library.