Whenever you invite a new person to your team in Pics.io, you have to select a role for your newly-invited teammate. The role you assign determines the scope of their permissions, their access to certain assets, features, and tools that are available in Pics.io.
By default, the role of the first teammate you invite is “admin”. To edit this role and create new roles for your teammates, go to Roles section (Settings menu - My Team). In the Roles section you can do the following:
- Create, edit and remove roles in your team;
- Allow or restrict your teammates’ access to certain collections (by clicking on the “paperclip” icon);
- Manage various permissions by ticking the necessary checkboxes on the list. You allow or restrict the following actions in Pics.io:
- to upload new assets to Pics.io
- to sync Pics.io with Google Drive
- to create, edit, and delete websites
- to invite or remove other teammates and edit their permissions
- to add or remove payment сards and change the current billing plans
- to manage the current Google Drive storage
- to create, rename, and delete collections
- to download assets from Pics.io
- to edit assets’ attributes (star rating, color, keywords, title, etc,)
- to create, edit, move, and delete keywords, as well as to upload keywords controlled vocabulary
- to edit custom fields schema
- to edit images in Pics.io editor
- to delete assets from Pics.io
- to mark/unmark asset revisions as approved
Setting these permissions will help you keep the integrity of your digital library and protect it from unauthorized or harmful actions.
You can also set team policies that will apply to the whole team.