October 27, 2020
Presets for downloading assets. Create presets for downloading your files with the necessary settings and share these presets with your teammates.
- Minor updates in AI keywording generation.
- Updates for visual markers functionality for multipage assets.
- Minor UI updates in the Activity panel.
- Teammate can leave the team by clicking on the 'Remove from the team' in the team settings.
- Fixed the 'Publish' and 'Unpublished' buttons in website settings.
- Bug fixes for zooming assets in mobile version.
- Fixed dialog for attaching/detaching assets to/from collections when a user doesn't have this permission.
- Bug fix for the Import panel when uploading files.
- Fixed bug on the Legal tab in the account settings.
- Bug fix for custom domains (subdomains) for websites.
- MXF files are properly displayed on shared websites and single asset sharing.
- Thumbnails are updated after uploading new revisions.
October 7, 2020
- Grant Pics.io Dev Team access to your account in case any major issues arise to help you with the solution.
- Team managers can edit teammates profile information - full name, position, phone number, Slack nickname;
- Updated the 'Share' button in the websites, single asset sharing and Inbox settings. Now it's possible to see when an asset or website was published to web.
- UI bug fixes for Safari browser;
- Fixed video player on shared websites (Proofing template);
- Unsupported file formats are properly displayed on Amazon S3 storage;
- Audio files can be played on websites (Amazon S3 storage);
- .OBJ files are properly displayed on websites.
September 28, 2020
- Add emoji and reactions to comments in the Activity panel;
- Click on the 'Reply' button to start thread in comments;
- Leave a link to your company Instagram profile on shared websites;
- Notification about renamed asset in the Audit trail and in Notification Center.
- Minor changes in drag'n'drop functionality in Details panel;
- UI fix on the Import panel and on shared websites;
- Fixes for generating thumbnails functionality;
- Bug fix on the Billing screen for the 'Pay as you go' plan;
- Fixed display of images in portrait orientation with rotation;
- Fixed bug with the Notification functionality for iOS.
September 10, 2020
- MXF video files format supported - new video file format is supported in Pics.io
- Improvements for the Details panel - reorganization of fields within the Details panel is allowed according to the user requirements
- Link to the Instagram can be added to the My account / Profile section
- Beta version of Pics.io Progressive Web App (PWA) is available
- Web push notifications - "Pics.io library" push notifications will appear in your browser. You can turn them on/off in My account / Notifications section
- Fixes for Inbox functionality for mobile version.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements for the Proofing template and permissions.
- Fixed behavior when attaching new root collection to admin role - teammates who have the admin role will not lose access to the root collection and their permissions will not be affected.
August 31, 2020
- Consent for websites. Enable the confirmation of the terms and conditions for non-Pics.io users to interact with your website, single shared asset or inbox.
- Version control support for Amazon S3. Keeping track of the changes made on your assets, comparison and approval workflow is now available for users with S3 storage.
- Custom thumbnail for video files. Change the thumbnail for your video by uploading a JPG image from your device.
- Region for a newly created S3 bucket. When registering at Pics.io, choose the region closest to your current location for a new AWS bucket which will be used as a repository for your files.
- Revisions download. Save the original file and the version with the updated metadata right in the Activity panel.
- Speech recognition in the Activity panel.
- Fixes for Inbox functionality for mobile version.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements for the Details panel, Analytics functionality.
- Audio files on websites and Proofing template.
- Fixes for permissions related to Pics.io editor and edited revisions.
- Minor bug fixes of some functionalities for the iPad version.
August 3, 2020
- Minor bug fixes for custom fields functionality.
- Drag'n'drop of assets in Safari browser.
July 15, 2020
- Amazon S3 cloud storage. Integrate your Pics.io account with Amazon S3 and use it as a storage option for your digital files.
- Access to Audit trail as a separate permission. Now you may choose who from your team can access audit logs related to the activities performed in your Pics.io library.
- Removed the 'Delete comment' button in the Activity panel on Proofing template websites and single asset sharing.
- Different types of background operations (processing metadata, replicating changes to the storage etc.) are shown in the top right corner of your Pics.io account.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements on the Teammates tab, Activity and Import panels.
June 4, 2020
- Inbox. Allow non-Pics.io users to upload files to your Inbox. This is a separate workspace where people outside your team can upload assets, so you can review them and move to your Pics.io library .
- Analytics and reporting. Control your team activity on different levels and report on your Pics.io library efficiency with the help of our Analytics and reporting functionality.
- Referral program. Earn money with Pics.io using our Referral program. Just share your thoughts about your experience with Pics.io with your friends or business partners.
- Minor bug fixes for the collection and website functionalities.
April 6, 2020
Restricted assets - mark assets as restricted in order not to remove, upload or publish them without the proper permission. This feature creates an additional layer of security for your assets and notifies your teammates to use the restricted files with caution.
- Minor UI fixes on the Billing settings.
- Minor bug fixes in Switch accounts functionality;
- Fixed counter of the Trashed assets.
March 23, 2020
- Fixed adding Saved Search to Favorites.
- Fixed the 'Leave Team' button for users who don't have permission to manage team.
- Minor UI bug fixes.
March 17, 2020
- 'Retry all' button on the Import screen. If some issues appear during uploading files to your Pics.io library, just use this button to continue uploading the remaining assets.
- Realtime updates on websites. All the changes made in the website customization settings will automatically appear on your website. There is no need to click on the 'Update settings' button to refresh the website customization.
- Minor bug fixes for Branding feature, Lightboards, Pics.io video player and Switch accounts functionality.
- Infopanel button is now available in the catalogue view of the mobile version.
- Improved vertical tabs on the following screens: My account, Billing, Website settings, My team.
- Progress and notifications about mass deletion of assets. Files become locked for you and your teammates. You can see the progress of the deletion and once the deletion is completed, you'll be notified about it in the Notification Center.
February 26, 2020
- Branding for teams. Customize Pics.io experience for your team and website visitors with your company name, domain, logo etc.
- Website notifications. Add your clients/partners’ email addresses to your websites and inform them about the latest changes made in your collections automatically.
- Remove from Lightboards icon. Detach assets from Lightboards in one click on the crossed lightbulb icon located right on the thumbnail.
- Markers on multipage files. Now it’s possible to put markers on different pages of your documents to highlight the area of interest.
- More data about users on the ‘Switch account’ window. The team name (the name of your team owner) and your role in this team are displayed on the ‘Switch account’ window.
- Minor UI fixes on the Custom fields schema screen.
January 29, 2020
- Filter notifications per collections to be notified about different types of events happening in your Pics.io library.
- Receive email-reminders about unread notifications related to the activities in your Pics.io account.
- Allow your colleagues to join your Pics.io team automatically. Just indicate your company domain name and all the newly registered users who have domain-based email addresses will be able to join your team automatically.
- Improved UI for slow Internet connection.
- Improved UI for teammates who have no access to any collection.
- Minor fixes for the invitation and registration flows.
- Added placeholder for empty files (when file size is 0 bytes).
- Fixed mentions of users in the Activity panel in Firefox browser.
January 6, 2020
- Added ability to choose between date formats. It can be done in My Account - Settings.
- Improved video player functionality
- Fixed behavior when moving assets between collections via drag'n'drop
- Minor UI issues have been fixed
- Improved icons for mobile devices
- We are adjusting UI for future update to improve auto-sync option
December 19, 2019
- Required fields for new uploads and revisions on Import panel - a team owner may set some meta fields obligatory to fill in before uploading files to Pics.io library.
- Shortcut keys for catalogue - use hotkeys to navigate through your files in the catalogue view.
- Teammates assigned to roles - to check who from your teammates belongs to a specific role just go to My team -> Roles and select the necessary role. Above the permissions section you will see the users who have this role.
- Title/description changing in preview view - when you preview your assets, the title and description fields in the Details panel are changed according to the assets' metadata.
- Teammates tab is shown properly for users who rejected invitation - the error in My Team - Teammates page appearing for a teammate who rejected an invitation has been fixed.
December 17, 2019
- Switch account - if you have several Pics.io accounts, you may change the current account using the 'Switch account' button in the settings.
- Invitation of new users from your G Suite account - already invited teammates will not appear in the list when clicking on the 'Add users from G Suite' button.
- Roles deletion dialog - when trying to delete a role assigned to at least one user, you will receive a message with a list of the teammates who have this particular role assigned.
- User invitation - if a user already belongs to another team, it's not possible to invite him/her to the team.
- Teammates list - team owner can't be included in multi-selection in the Teammates list.
December 11, 2019
Minor UI updates:
- User selection in My Team (Teammates section) - shortcuts for teammates selection.
- A spinner is shown when an asset is detached from a collection and when a role is assigned to a user.
- Trashed assets are removed from the database after autosync.
- Access to assets in the root collection - teammates who have access to the root collection (even with no permissions) can view assets located in this collection.
- Access to assets in Lightboards - an asset located both in a shared collection and in Lightboard cannot be accessible after your team owner revokes your access to this collection.
- Notifications about assets located in Lightboards only - if a user makes any changes on the assets which are in Lightboards and don't belong to any shared collections, notifications are not sent to other users.
December 3, 2019
- New Pics.io billing plans.
- Add users to Pics.io right from your G Suite account.
- Invite multiple teammates at once to your Pics.io team.
- Select several teammates and assign roles to them.
- Minor bug fixes.
November 6, 2019
- Disabled Infopanel when metadata is processed after the uploading.
- Revert revision - select the primary revision for an asset.
- Add more information about your assets before upload on the Import panel (change metadata and custom fields, update title and description, mark assets with colors/flags/starts).
- Full path of collections - from now on the full path of collection location is displayed in Settings/My Team/Permissions.
October 17, 2019
- Trashed assets - from now on Pics.io has its own Trash bin and you can easily search for your files within this folder.
- Broad search update - search by content is available on your DOC, DOCX and Google Docs files.
- Team permissions update - now you can add and remove team saved searches.
- Thumbnails update - custom thumbnails are generated for PSB and for large size JPG and PNG files.
September 19, 2019
- Map View button allows you to display your assets on a map and find assets available nearby.
- Export to CSV button at your Infopanel allows you to export metadata information about the selected assets in CSV format.
- SSL for Custom Domain - all websites on custom domains can be protected with SSL certificate by LetsEncrypt. This one is particularly important when you require secure connection for your websites.