These documents explain how and why Pics.io collects various technical and personal information from you and how we use it to deliver our services, notify you of various changes and improvements in Pics.io, identify you as a user, and provide you with technical assistance when you need it.
How can I control my personal data on Pics.io?
Pics.io offers you a number of Data Management Tools. They allow you to control your personal data. You can find them in Settings menu - My account section - Legal tab.
Here is what you can do with your personal data on Pics.io:
- See all data about you - This option gives you access to all your personal information that you may have entered in your User Profile, such as your name, email, role, photo, position in your team, links to social media pages, etc.). Here you can also see all your billing information, comments you left in Pics.io while discussing your digital files, as well as mentions about you made by your teammates in Pics.io.
- Download all data about you - All the information that you can retrieve when pressing “See all data about you” (see above) can also be downloaded to your device. Please note that this information will be saved as a .js file and it will appear in the downloads folder of your browser.
- Delete all data about you - You are fully entitled to delete all your personal information from Pics.io. If you decide to do so, all your personal information will be manually deleted by the Pics.io team within 30 days beyond retrieval. You should remember though that by deleting your personal data you will entirely lose your access to the Pics.io service. This action is irreversible, and the only way to regain access to Pics.io will be to register again as a new user.
- Restrict processing - You can prevent the Pics.io team from using your email address and other personal information. You should remember, though, that this information is necessary to identify you as a user and provide you with technical support when you need it. So, if you decide to restrict the Pics.io team from processing your data, you will be able to use the Pics.io service, but without any technical support from the Pics.io team. Please note that this action is irreversible.
- Unsubscribe - Here you can prevent the Pics.io team from sending you any onboarding information, newsletters, release notes, and other marketing materials to your email. Please note that technical notifications (e.g. when a new asset is uploaded, a comment is added, etc.) will still appear in your email if you chose this option in the account settings.
How does Pics.io guarantee the security of my assets?
Pics.io doesn’t store your assets. Google Drive does. So, the Pics.io dev team does not have direct access to your digital repository. Access to your working folder in Google Drive is performed via cryptographic keys provided by Google Drive API. To learn more about it, please refer to this article on Pics.io integration with Google Drive.