What is Zapier?
Zapier is a web automation tool. It extends what you do in Pics.io and connects it with your other favorite apps (Dropbox, Facebook, Mailchimp, etc.) so that they can work together. Zapier works as an intermediary between your Pics.io digital library and another app & it helps you automate routine tasks in your workflow.
How to integrate Pics.io with Zapier?
It takes just a few clicks to connect Pics.io with another app through Zapier. Automations (zaps) can be set in minutes and don’t require any coding skills at all. Here's what you should do:
- Get registered in Zapier if you don’t have an account there yet.
- Open your Zapier account and choose Pics.io* as a Trigger app
- Connect your Pics.io account. For that, you'll need your individual API key (Settings -> My team -> Integrations).
- Choose a trigger event* in Pics.io that you want to automate.
- Connect your Action app and specify what you want to happen automatically there (e.g. a new post appears on your Facebook account). Configuring an action event differs from app to app, so we can’t give you any more precise guidelines. However, if you run into a problem while setting up your automations, contact us and we’ll try to help.
- Name your zap and let it run.
That’s it! From now on, this part of your workflow will run automatically without your presence.
*Currently, integration with Zapier is working in beta version and you may access and test to integrate Pics.io with Zapier by following this invitation link: https://zapier.com/platform/public-invite/8713/e6a899b4e9039f2a20453f83c0518faf/
**So far, we have five trigger events available: a new collection is created, a comment is added, a new asset is created, an asset is added to a particular collection, an asset is assigned to a teammate. If you can’t find a tigger that you need, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to add it for you.
How many automations can I set up with Zapier?
The number of automations (zaps) you can configure depends on your account in Zapier.
Can I build automations with Pics.io as an action app?
No. For the time being, you can only configure automations with Pics.io as a trigger app.
Can I have more examples of Pics.io integrations via Zapier?
Sure. Here are some examples for you to follow:
Sync Pics.io with another storage
You may want your Pics.io assets to appear in other storage, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, or your personal Google Drive. Create a zap that will automatically take your files from a collection in Pics.io and push them where you need. In this case you’ll have two perfectly synchronized storages avoiding downloads and uploads.
Auto-posting right from Pics.io
You can use Pics.io integration with Zapier to automate your sales and marketing. Connect your Pics.io library with social media accounts and publishing platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress etc., and publish your marketing collateral automatically.
Integrate Pics.io with business administration tools
With Zapier integration, you can link Pics.io with a project management tool, a task planner or another tool that you use to organize your office routine. You can connect Pics.io with your accounts in Asana, Trello, Basecamp, etc. and build necessary automations. Comments, mentions, and any other event in Pics.io can be added as new tasks or issues in your project management app of choice.