Pics.io is integrated with the most popular Google Drive Tools such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, and Google Forms. These tools allow you to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online and collaborate with other users in real-time. To make your work more efficient, you can use Pics.io Add-ons.
What can I do with Pics.io Add-ons?
If you are working with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Forms, you may want to add some visual content from your Pics.io library. Now it is possible to access Pics.io right from your Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, or Forms, without having to leave the document you are working on. To use this option, you need to install Pics.io Add-on first.
How can I install Pics.io Add-ons?
There are two ways to activate Pics.io Add-ons.
- Go to G Suite Marketplace and find Pics.io add-ons. Choose the add-on you need and install it following the instructions;
- Activate Pics.io extension right from the necessary document (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms).
Feel free to check the instructions on how to do it below.
Docs, Sheets, Slides
- Open the document you need to add files to and click on the 'Add-ons' -> 'Get add-ons' button on the left top panel.
- In the search field type 'Pics.io' and press 'Search' button. After that click on '+' and proceed with choosing the necessary Google account.
- Then a new add-on 'Pics.io for Google Docs (Sheets, Slides)’ will appear in the Add-ons menu.
- Click on 'Add image' and on the right you will see a panel where you can login to your Pics.io account and search for the necessary asset.
- Mouse over on the asset you want to add and click on ‘Insert’ button.*
*For Google Slides it is possible to insert a simple image or set it as background.
How can I navigate through my assets in Pics.io add-on?
It is possible to open a corresponding collection in the Pics.io plugin. Just click on your library name to open the collection tree.
Besides, you may click on the 'Advanced' button to open search filters or use specific search queries to locate the necessary assets. All the criteria (except keywords and custom fields) available in your Pics.io account can be used while searching in Pics.io add-ons for G Suite tools.
Here is a short video that shows how you can insert images to your Google Slides from Pics.io:
- Open your Google Form, click on the ‘More’ button on the top right corner and find Add-ons option.
- Once a new window appears, type ‘Pics.io’ in the search field and click on ‘+’ next to the Pics.io extension.
- After it is installed, just click on the button ‘Add-ons’ on the right top panel and choose ‘Pics.io for Google Forms’ -> ‘Add image’.
- A new window will appear where you can login to the necessary Pics.io account and proceed with inserting images located in your Pics.io library.
After you have logged into your Pics.io account from the add-on for Docs (Sheets, Slides, Forms), there is no need to do it again when you open another document and start working with it. You will be automatically logged into your Pics.io account when open Pics.io add-on.
That’s all! All the changes made in Google Docs (Sheets, Slides, Forms) are saved automatically, with a revision history keeping track of changes.
NB! Currently, we don't have the direct integration with Google Sites, so thumbnails of your Pics.io assets cannot be displayed on Sites. If you're using this functionality and it's crucial for you to be able to see thumbnails, please contact us at email@example.com for further discussion.