Among many other file formats supported in Pics.io, we also support Sketch, which is now by far the most popular prototyping tool for UX/UI designers worldwide. With Pics.io, you can view Sketch files in any modern web browser, without having to install any special Sketch app on your device.
What can I do with Sketch files in Pics.io?
Once you’ve uploaded a Sketch file in Pics.io, you can
- tag it with keywords and modify its metadata,
- upload new revisions and compare them with visual diff tool
- compare two different Sketch designs
- discuss your Sketch files with your team using comments, visual markers and areas of interest
- share your Sketch files with stakeholders outside your team in Pics.io
What if my Sketch file has more than one page?
It’s not a problem for Pics.io to deal with multipage Sketch files. Once you open your Sketch asset in Pics.io, on the left of the main screen you can see the entire list of pages your file consists of.
You can scroll this list up and down to select a page you want to open. The selected page is highlighted in yellow. A figure in the panel above shows the total number of pages in the file.
Also, it's possible to hide the multipage panel of your Sketch file by clicking on the special button in the top left corner in the Preview of the asset. This helps you to get a complete view of your document, without additional clutter.
How can I compare two versions of the same Sketch file?
Pics.io supports version control for Sketch files in the same way as it does for other types of assets. You can also compare revisions visually, with the help of Visual Diff Tool. Here’s what you should do:
- Select one of the revisions of your Sketch file in the Activity Panel.
- Choose one more revision that you want to compare with the first one, and press a Diff Tool button next to it.
- Two revisions will be placed side by side, and you can move the cursor sideways to see the difference between them.
Visual Diff Tool also works for multipage Sketch files.
Two multipage Sketch revisions are placed side by side. On the left, you can see the list of pages that belong to the revision which was chosen first. You can scroll up and down this list and select a particular page you want to compare. The selected page is highlighted in yellow. Then you can move the cursor sideways to see the difference between the selected pages.
A figure in the panel above shows the total number of pages in the version which was chosen first.
Can I compare two different Sketch files?
Yes, you can. Select any two Sketch files and press "compare" button on the left side panel. Move the slider to see the difference between the two assets. You can read more about comparing two assets in Pics.io here.