If you are a business or a school that is a G Suite user, in addition to virtually unlimited storage, you have a great opportunity to use a Shared Drive option.
Shared Drive is not connected to any personal account within the organization. It means that the files are owned by the whole organization as such, rather than by individuals. This fact has two major advantages:
- First of all, in this way you can avoid glitches that often arise in Google Drive due to lack of permissions.
- Secondly, you don’t have to move your entire database from one account to another if the key employee decides to leave the organization.
For this very reason, we highly recommend teams to use Shared Drive with Pics.io. The best practice is to create a separate Shared Drive and provide Pics.io with access to that. In this case, you won’t have to give access to the rest of your Google Drive.
How can I migrate files from Google Drive to Shared Drive?
NB! If you're not sure about how to transfer files to another account and would like to save all the information you currently have in your Pics.io account, please contact us at email@example.com for further help.
If your team decides to migrate from usual Google Drive to Shared Drive, here's what you should do:
- Create Shared Drive;
- Move files from your Google Drive to Shared Drive folder (move, do not re-upload). It is important to save Google Drive IDs on the files so that Pics.io could track them. You may use any tool for the migration purpose (e.g. Google Drive File Stream or Google Drive Backup and Sync).
- Change Google Drive account and the working folder in the storage settings.
If you'd like to move files from My Drive to Shared Drive (or vice versa) within one G Suite account, you need to do the following steps:
- Right mouse click on the folder you want to migrate and select 'Move to'. NB! Make sure you have permissions to move files into Shared Drives.
- Once the files migration is completed, login to your Pics.io library, change Google Drive account and working folder.
In case you need to change a Shared Drive your Pics.io working folder is located in or in other words, the working folder your Pics.io account is connected to should be moved to another Shared Drive within the same G-Suite account, perform the following steps:
- Create Shared Drive you'd like to move Pics.io working folder to;
- Move the folder from the current Shared Drive by using the "Move to" option to a newly created one. Make sure that you perform the operation within the same G-Suite account: it is important to save Google Drive IDs of the files so that Pics.io could track them and keep the metadata of your assets.
NB! Don't change/select a new path to the Pics.io working folder in the Storage section of your Pics.io account once the folder is moved to a new Shared Drive.
Are there any limitations on using Shared Drive in Pics.io?
Pics.io doesn't have any limitations on the number and size of assets you store. Though, there are some limits on Shared Drive's side:
- it's restricted to upload more than 400,000 files and folders;
- the maximum size of one single asset shouldn't exceed 5 TB;
- Shared Drive can nest up to 20 subfolders.
Feel free to check more details on the Shared Drive limitations here.